So here are my top recovery tips. These are the things that I have learnt over the past few years and my absolute go-tos after every race!
1. Do not sit down immediately after crossing the finish line, you will regret it! Instead keep moving and stop and have a stretch if you can.
2. Put a pair of OOFOS on your feet at every possible opportunity. Immediately post race, post run and as soon as you are home from work.
3. Learn to love the foam roller. It hurts but its effective.
4. Use epsom salts in the bath, they work miracles.
5. Give yourself time! No one can run a big race and the next day continue with a tough training session. We all need time to recover. For me I try to ease off for at least 4-5 days depending on how sore I am before I start training for the next goal!